According to the Council on Aging, there are over 25,000 accidents each year that occur in and around the tub area. Converting your bathtub to a shower or step through tub provides homeowners a low-cost alternative to expensive bath remodeling projects, while providing homeowners with easier access to the tub or shower area and helping to prevent injuries and falls.
Converting a Bathtub into an Accessible Shower
Easy and safe access to a shower - This is a primary reason why people want to convert their bathtub to a shower.
Some key features and benefits of a shower conversion, include:
- A low step-over threshold – often only six or seven inches. A traditional tub may be 16 inches or higher.
- Less confined bathing area allows more open space to move around in than a regular shower or tub.
- Reduces the possibilities of falls.
- Cost to install conversion is a fraction of cost compared to total bathroom remodel.
- A inexpensive solution for both personal residences and senior and assisted living.
- Installed in less than one day.
If your lifestyle doesn’t include bathing in a tub anymore – a tub to shower conversion could be for you.
Renovating a Bathroom with a Seated Shower
Converting your current tub to a luxurious, seated shower involves a few decisions. The tub removal and wall system installation must be done, but other items are optional. Most people include these products in their new shower.
- Acrylic base matching
- Acrylic wall system
- New valve and trim
- Handheld shower
- Grab Bars
- Shower door