Bathroom Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Installing a new shower liner or replacement shower base is the fun part. After installation is complete, you have to dedicate yourself to cleaning and maintaining your new bathroom to extend its useful lifespan and enhance its attractiveness. We’ve compiled some helpful information on how to best clean the bathroom safety products, liners and replacements we install.
Acrylic Bathtub and Shower Enclosure Cleaning Instructions
Acrylic bathtubs and shower enclosures are designed to give you a beautiful, easy-to-clean, sanitary surface for bathing. They are NOT designed to resist abrasion. Thus, you should avoid using scouring pads or harsh cleaners on these products, as they will dull the surface and can remove its finish. Here are some more tips:
- Lightly rinse the surface after every use.
- We recommend using a cleaning product called Gel Gloss, which you can purchase at your local home improvement store.
- Try these safe and effective cleaners: Kaboom Shower Tub & Tile Cleaner, Tilex Fresh Shower, Green Works Natural Bathroom Cleaner, Windex, Lysol Gel Bathroom Cleaner. You might also try Joy dishwashing liquid, since it does not leave a film or spots.
- Always rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners such as Soft Scrub, Mr. Clean, disinfectant cleaners, acetone, Lestoil, Tough Act, ammonia, nail polish remover, aerosol cleaners or hypochlorite (known as raw bleach).
- Always test a small area of the corner of the tub skirt before applying to the complete bath area.
- Use all cleaning products as directed.
Contact South Shore Dream Bath
To learn more about cleaning and maintenance suggestions, as well as the products we specialize in, please get in touch with us at (781) 733-5405 or visit us at 199 Weymouth Street #2 in Rockland, MA.