A bathroom remodeling project — even a minor one — has a recoup value of up to 102%, according to experts at HGTV. It’s one of the best home updates when it comes to pay-off values. Whether you’re planning to sell your home sometime in the future, or want to stay in it for the rest of your life, a bathroom renovation is a good project.
You have to get it right, though, if you are to avoid inconveniences and regrets. Before you start your project, ask yourself these questions:
How Much Can You Afford?
Any home improvement activity entails spending money. How much remodeling you do on your bathroom depends on how much cash you’re willing to part with. Paying for the project out of pocket is the best way to do it, but if you don’t have the cash at the moment, you can also talk to bathroom remodeling contractors about financing options.
What Type of Remodeling Do You Want?
- This is directly related to your budget but it’s also a product of your needs. Some of the types of remodeling you can choose from include:
- A simple facelift, which means changing the floor, countertops, fixtures, tub, or a combination of a few or all of those.
- Replacing everything in the room but keeping everything in the same place. This means you won’t be touching the plumbing or electrical.
- Replacing everything including the layout, which means working on the electrical and the plumbing, but keeping it all in the same room.
- Moving your bathroom or building out, which requires structural work. This is an option for those who want more floor space.
Why Do You Want to Remodel Your Bathroom?
This is the part where you decide on the reason for doing this project, and it can be any number of things. For example, if you’re aging in place and you want to adjust the functionality of your bathroom based on your age. You can also work on a bathroom based on a new user, such as a teenager or a parent who’s moving in with you. It could also be simply because your bathroom is dated. List at least three major reasons for doing it, and this can guide you in setting the budget.
It’s a good idea to look for images online of the materials, fixtures and overall look you want. These can serve as the inspiration for your remodel.
When you’ve decided on at least some of those things, you can start looking at bathroom remodeling companies. They can help you finalize your list. South Shore Dream Bath can give you the best options for your project. Call us at (781) 733-5405 or contact us here.