The word “traditional” can sometimes become unfairly thought of as boring or plain. When it comes to planning an elegant yet cheap bathroom renovation, however, going with a traditional style should not be dismissed. When you consult with the professionals at South Shore Dream Bath, they can help you redesign your bathroom in a traditional way that is both aesthetically pleasing and affordable. Features of a classic and traditional suburban bath include:
- Vanity – The traditional master vanity will be equipped with “his and hers” sinks, with matching cabinets and a drawer unit in between. In a stand-alone bath, a simple pedestal sink will do, or you can choose to have a small counter sink installed. Granite or marble, water resistant countertops are a lovely finish for either.
- Mirrors & Lighting – You may choose to utilize one large mirror over your vanity, or twin mirrors over each sink. Symmetry is key here. Wall mounted sconces on either sides of the mirror, or overhead illumination is best to create both functional and aesthetic lighting.
- Fixtures – Fixtures will typically be silver or gold in color. Faucets will be curved and in traditional style will display a “c” or “h” to indicate temperature. The fixtures on your sink and vanity should match those on showers and tubs.
- Flooring & Walls – A traditional, cheap bathroom renovation will make use of classic tile for flooring. It is ultimately your decision whether you prefer large or smaller tiles, however, larger tiles will be more cost effective. Tiles of a matching color or style can also be used on walls around the sink, or bordering your tub and shower.
- Setup – Typically in a traditional master bath, you will find the space divided in two: a room for your shower, bath, and toilet, and a room separated by a door with a dual sink vanity. This allows for two individuals to utilize the room simultaneously. A stand alone bath will be less complex, but should still utilize symmetry wherever possible.
There is no need for a traditional bath to be ugly or boring. When you work with a professional contractor, they will know exactly which fixtures, countertops, and floor tiles to use to make your traditional, cheap bathroom renovation one that is functional and lovely.